View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
budomove
EcoModding Lurker

Ze Future Beam - '00 honda insight
90 day: 66.23 mpg (US)
Yeah, welcome donoman, I wish Insightcentral didn't suck, I mean theyre a great search library, but there are too few members, and noone ever responds to posts like here. they don't allow linking to cleanmpg or ecomodder when there are related links to post.

Anyway, when I got the insight, I got 61mpg averages for about the first month. I have had the insight for almost two months, and if you go to insightcentral, and type "lean burn" in the search window, and read everything there is to know about how to engage and sustain it, then you can easily get much better mileage. last night between greenwich, ct and queens, ny I did my 35 mile commute home, and it is about 80% hwy. The total trip from engine start to stop was 86.9mpg, and I averaged 50mph on the hwy, and accelerate very slowly in town/city. I also put my hazards on in the slow lane the whole way home, so I didnt get any tractor trailers trying to shove me off the road, or flashing me the high beams while I am going well over the posted minimum. Go to insightcentral and learn about lean burn, it took me about a month of practice to do this well. And bleed off in speed as you go up hills, also coast in gear to a stop whenever momentum allows. Try to rarely use IMA assist, and that will also give you higher mpg.

Frank

Last edited by budomove; 03-15-2008 at 10:50 AM..