View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
thruhiker
EcoModding Lurker

Nissan hardbody 4x4 suggestions

I bought this truck 6 years ago for 900 bucks and now I'm pretty attached to it.I baby it since it has alot of miles on it.It runs good,drives straight and still looks good despite it's use. I'd like to move on yet I'm not eiger to buy a lowered Honda with painted dash peices and a coffee can muffler.Unless I find an owner selling their CRX HF or Civic VX and who shows me they care about their ride as much as I do mine,I'm sticking with my Nissan. Problem is 16-20mpg. 2.4 fuel injected (227k),5 speed,"31x10.5 aluminum rims,AT tires,fiberglass canopy,chrome fender flares and I'm hoping to break the 24mpg threshold.Is this possible with such a truck? I was thinking of removing the bedliner to reduce the height of the canopy,remove the trailer hitch,tape up most of the vent holes,add a front fairing,run synthetic oil,get a new belt avoiding the power steering pulley,go back to the stock rims and try the baking pan tins for the rims. Then I wonder if I'd break into better milage??? Suggestions appreciated,thanks from Seattle!!!