View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
If Frank would stop being so immature and jumping to insults, we wouldn't have this problem. But apparently, he has nothing intellegent to say, so he resorts to the only thing he knows.

I merely act as a mirror and return what is given. Remember the golden rule?
I'm sorry, I have to address this, then I'm done and ignoring this thread, as it has turned into something less than useful already, and I can't imagine it getting anywhere from here.

Have you heard the phrase: "An eye for an eye, and the world is blind."?

How about "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."?

The latter seems to be closer to your reference of the "golden rule", which, if I remember correctly, is "I'm rubber, you're glue... whatever you say bounces off me, and sticks to you!", which I might remind you, we all learned between kindergarten and second grade.

It just might be time to grow up a bit, eh?

Here's another one: "Turn the other cheek.". This doesn't mean turn tail and run, it doesn't mean you have to take **** from everyone and anyone, it means that if you don't acknowledge ignorance, it deviates from you.

If you honestly believed that Frank was being ignorant, and you weren't (caveat of the analysis), you'd have already understood this.

I guess the fact that it continues to be a pissing match over quibbling words makes us blinded to any data that may be provided here, no?

Please, carry on. Hopefully, you'll find something finite and informative in your research, and I can only hope that when and if you find what it is you're looking for, you'll be somewhat more diplomatic when you prove us all wrong.