View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #45 (permalink)
JacobAziza
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
How do you drive 45-50 mph on the freeway without getting killed? I'm from San Diego, so I know people in southern California don't tolerate that.
Most of the highways I drive on are 4 lanes or more, and always at least 2.
I stay in the slow lane (or sometimes the 2nd one, if there are 5 or more, to avoid merging). I have a great big rear view mirror, and roof mounted brake lights. Anytime I see someone coming up behind me in my lane, I put my hazard lights on for about 5-10 flashes to let them know I'm not going to be speeding up anytime soon. Most people promptly change lanes, some choose to stay behind me a few miles, but the only time I have had brights flashed at me is when the fuse to my hazard lights blew and I didn't know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?