View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
tasdrouille
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
Good info there, useful for people with newer TDIs in NA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
So, all of this information, and what to do with it? I have a few ideas on how to kill the engine, but I'm not sure whether they would harm the engine, harm the ECU, or at least make it throw a code and go into limp mode until I pay $$$ at a service station to turn it off. How about:
  1. Kill the lower pressure fuel pump and see what happens
  2. Hack the fuel pressure sensor to tell the ECU the pressure is too low/high
  3. Trick the ECU into thinking the engine speed is such that the fuel should be cut to the injectors
  4. Cut sygnal to one of the injectors and see if the ECU sends an emergency shut down (rebuild engine if not)
I'd try 1 and 4 at idle to see what happens. 2 might get the ECU to tell the pump to adjust pressure and bad things could happen if there's not a second feedback loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Older diesels had a pump for each injector, while in commonrail technology there is one pump responsible for creating very high fuel pressure in a reservoir used by all four injectors.
Even older diesels, 1997-2003 TDIs in NA, had a single rotary pump, in which case you can just short the wires going to the fuel quantity adjuster to have the ECU shut the pump off.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...