View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #63 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Ok that is one of the cutest damned videos I have ever seen in my life! Very cool :-)

I love driving my Cherokee. it has a rear wiper with washer. the nipple points STRAIGHT BACK. all I have to do is disconnect the rubber hose (oops) and I have a rear facing water gun.

INSTANT tail gate eliminator :-) works 100% of the time without fail in 400,000 miles :-)

even made a nj trooper back off. He was REALLY on my ass (I could not see half his hood in my mirror)

he backed off. you want to read my plate do it from a safe distance moron :-)

also to solve road rage? just carry a camera (not a cell phone camera not the same thing)

so far (about a dozen incidents including some pretty nasty incidents) I have a 100% success ratio. When I pull out the camera and say SMILE asshole "something" happens in the human mind. I guess the camera does something that "snaps" them out of it and very harshly brings them back to reality IE what the hell am I doing here?

every time when I whip out the camera and that flash goes off the rage CEASES instantly. and I mean like a twig snapping BANG rage gone. They turn tail and go away.

Word of caution folks. I don't care how big you are or how strong or fast you think you are GETTING OUT OF YOUR CAR to confront someone with road rage is pure unfettered stupidity.

YOUR SITTING INSIDE A 2000-5000 POUND ARMORED TANK.

are you NUTS getting out? Just rev it up and turn the wheel toward them. They will "get the hint" really really quickly. Get back in your car or I am going to mother fraking crush your ass. :-)

as for lift. I am no expert but I can not agree with some lift being good (unless it has a specific need)

if any lift causes drag THEN ALL LIFT causes drag.

the only way lift could reduce drag is if you were extract over unity out of it. You just can't do that to the best of our knowledge.

what is actually happening most likely is you have OTHER DRAG somewhere else and adding that little lift ADDS DRAG from adding the lift but REDUCES the other drag and the reduction in the other drag is larger than the INCREASE in lift drag so you get a net benefit.

but that lift is STILL adding drag.