View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Chris D.
EcoModding Minded

Lunar Mist - '02 Toyota Tacoma SR5
90 day: 25.31 mpg (US)

Silver Streak - '08 Toyota Corolla S
90 day: 38.25 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Chris D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo_RANGER View Post
i will match you broda man, oh wait i'm not in a taco...LOL... but i still am driving something the shape of a brick... my new goal is 32-35

the vac gauge looks good, but you should put it in a cup for a cleaner install, like i did with mine

its an autometer gauge cup, i screwed up when i bought it off of ebay, i didn't pay attention, and ordered a 2 5/16" cup, and i had a 2" gauge, so i fixed it up with some pipe wrap, and it fits nice and tight

On mine its only a temporary mounting setup, i'm waiting on the Lotek to get here.
I'll look like this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
My preferred tire size calculator:
http://www.wickedbodies.net/Tire-Size-Calculator.htm

Very quick to use.

It shows percent speedometer/odometer readout difference between any two sizes tires.
Also shows what your actual speed is when speedo says "65" (or any speed you enter into the box). Also gives actual tire circumference, total diameter, sidewall height, and percent difference vs. your comparison size.
I use the Miata tire calculator.. All the numbers are the same as I compaired em.. But I like Miata's, so they win

gives youa nice visual as well

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I like the sounds of this...
you would

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
I'm with roflwaffle - I'm driving a Toy PU that's a gen or two older than yours and my numbers are comparable, I think my big advantage is that Toyota was tuning the engine for torque and longevity, before the horsepower wars really started to heat up. It'd be nice to have EFI so I could fiddle the chips, but that's not gonna happen - I could switch it over, but who needs the headache when what I've got is working so well?
Carburated is the way to go honestly..
Your 22R can be tuned so easily to far surpass my mpg that its not even funny.
They make nothing as far as tuning chips for the 2RZ engine..
My trucks gutless until I end up having to tow with it, then it wakes the hell up.. The runners alone are long and huge.. Truely a torky engine..
You've got me on weight for sure.. is yours an extra cab?

with your mpg ratings, I'm guessing your an automatic?