View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
MetroMPG -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
More details leaking out about the Cruze XFE:

Source.

More from that article :

Quote:
... In 2009, more than 92 percent of American car buyers have chosen automatic transmissions over manuals ...

The Ford Fiesta, which hits dealerships in spring 2010, is a similar story. The 40-mpg rating comes from a $795 Super Fuel Economy Package, which adds some aerodynamic treatments among other provisions not yet announced. Although the Fiesta S sedan starts at $13,320, Super Fuel Economy is offered on the SE trim level, which starts at $14,320. SFE requires the optional six-speed automatic transmission, which adds $1,070. So in the Fiesta, 40 mpg highway comes — with no additional options — at a minimum price of $16,860, including the destination charge. The upside? It has the automatic transmission.
I don't mind that the "SFE" package requires paying more money. I have no problem with paying more for an option that is not in the "mindset" of a majority of car buyers. The car company is not able to absorb the cost as well on an SFE, so it should cost more.

However, I do mind that the Fiesta SFE "requires" an automatic. At least you should be able to purchase the aero-parts seperately.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society