Thread: 2002 GMC Sierra
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Domman56
Master EcoModder

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
2002 GMC Sierra

Thought you guys would like this
My buddy cory and i decided to make his truck quicker and use less gas..Sorry he does need a TRUCK his family tows with it aloot,

So anyways it's a 4.3 v6 when he brought it to me it would struggle to get 20 MPG it was just underpowered as it was stock So I had a spare flowmaster at home and told him that'd help a bit. So we had it welded on and turned down the tips at the rear axle. Turns out it helped alooot 2.5MPG alot.

When the muffler shop handed us the muffler and pipes to take home i realized it was over 100 pounds just from that

THen we're teens so we always want MORE POWER so for his birthday i picked him up a K&N air filter. WOW 3MPG I've seen these changes in older cars but didn't know it helped new cars just as much
the truck is now steadily getting 20MPG city and 24-25 highway and there's much more to come

He getss back from the military in a few weeks we're putting headers and High flow cats on along with an economy chip.. sperchips or hypertech.

A tonneau cover is in the works as well
Also he's debating dropping it 1-2 inches.. because he does go in the dirt with it alot

Goal with this truck is to get 28-30MPG freeway if you can think of how to help please throw out ideas

Last edited by Domman56; 12-13-2009 at 01:52 PM..