View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
As a bit of a nerd, or even someone who has heard an episode or two of Talk of the nation's science friday, the talk didn't feel as informative to me as it may have for most of the attendees. I can't say it was bad, but I can't say I learned that much. I can't really blame him for that though, as I don't think he was prepared to present to people like me or most EM members. Unfortunately, when I began filming with my mother's camera (I don't even own a video camera), it said the recording heads were dirty, and the light in the video looked like it was constantly fluctuating during the recording. I will get that uploaded within the next week.

While I was talking to Prof. Whittingham about the questions we had and mentioned ecomodder, someone next to me mentioned he was a member. As soon as I learned that Stan preferred answering the questions via email over being filmed, my interest in continuing any kind of intelligent conversation was eclipsed by my impulse to network with an ecomodder I'd never met.

It was great to meet yet another intelligent and productive ecomodder - I feel proud to be part of this community. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help with my EV conversion from AmpEater if I come by terra incognita

edit: oh yeah, I received an email from Prof. Whittingham saying he'll respond to the questions next weekend.

Last edited by Wonderboy; 12-15-2009 at 08:40 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Christ (12-15-2009)