View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #169 (permalink)
mrbigh
AC-DC enthusiast

Dual-PWR PHEV - '04 Toyota Prius

Kopper - '79 Bradley Bradley GT-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
mrbigh, there are plenty of deals on ebay, here were TWO 450 amp 6 pack mods for $63!!! I blew it there, just one would have made a nice xmas present.
Two Fuji 6MBI450U4-120, 1200V, 450A Trench-FS IGBT's NR - eBay (item 320454093633 end time Dec-02-09 15:59:33 PST)

And you can always grab 3 dual IGBTs, could make 600 amps worth for an inverter for about $100 without trying too hard.
Thanks for the comforting words Dave, mia nomo estas Horatio.
Isn't Esperanto a defunct language? Latin has a wider use but what do I know about it?
Back to topic:
Last night I threw an eBay search for the same seller and returned no merchandise for sale. If Paul will adopt this type of device, we will start cutting our troughs in the future auctions making some body very rich.
The dual IGBT's I have on hand, but this new devices are with built in drivers and, as you already know, require separate individual power supplies. Powerex have an Interface circuit for the Integrated Power Modules (IPM) with 6 integrated and isolated modular power supplies from a single source plus the necessary optocuplers for signal handling, a very handy developer's device, of witch we can "borrow" some technology to be applied to the Future AC 3 phase controller.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbigh For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (12-16-2009)