Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bow
Old School Hashiriya

Fred - '98 Nissan Frontier XE
90 day: 26.57 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post

Now, my turn to question. E40 fuel eh? I sense a story behind that. Do share.
Well, I also have a 1991 Nissan 240SX, it is my former daily driver, and now an on going Project car.

I started experimenting with E85 fuel mixes for a bit more power and cleaner emissions.

The 240SX is 100% converted and runs on E85.

My truck, which I drive daily, is running a mix of E40 (40% Ethanol/60% 87 Octane), which is made by dumping about 6 gallons of E85, and 9 gallons of 87 octane. This gives you 93 octane fuel.

The E85 burns a bit slower than normal gas, which helps boost the torque range, as my truck is a bit sluggish without it.

My fuel economy is only about 1-2 mpg lower than with straight gasoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
You drive a truck?? Blasphemy!!

(Kidding). What kind of truck is it? Have you considered adding a fuel log entry?

(I know, you've only been here for 5 minutes and we're badgering you...) :P
1998 Nissan Frontier XE (Single Cab, 4 cylinder, 5-speed)

Well, I have a sports car, and the wife has a 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder SE, so we needed a new vehicle, as the wife thought my 240SX was getting "old" with 218,000 miles on it... So I figure we need a pickup truck...

At least it isn't a V6 and automatic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
By the way, what's hasiriya mean?
It is a person that sticks to his own beliefs, ignores trends, and doesn't negatively impact anyone else.

Hashiriya is a Japanese term for a street racer. The real hashiriya were know for racing at times of the night when the roads were empty, so that their actions didn't endanger or involve anyone else (however, that type of respect/behavior doesn't exist today)