View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
ChrstphrR
EcoModding Apprentice

Schwartzejetta - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI GL
90 day: 52.87 mpg (US)
My dad built something similar, but a bit more practical for our needs, then found out it was overbuilt.

10 foot auger, 3" box framing to hold a 4-cylinder Ford Mustang-II engine and tranny, with mounting pads and pins to fit his full sized backhoe. Drop the front bucket, mount on the snowblower, mount the throttle cable extension all the way up the arm to the backhoe. One, maybe 1-1/2 passes and the driveway was done, excepting the Tee by the shop.

He stoppped using it because it could chuck snow 150 feet easily (from the driveway to the fenceline on the property, and was worried that any ice chunk / large rocks that could get picked up from the gravel driveway would put a sizable hole in whatever person, house, or vehicle were in the way.

Wish I could saw I saw it running myself, but I was living out of town when he rigged that up, and then quickly retired it once working.