View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
botsapper
PSmodder lurker

I know the evolution of your project requires qualified experience with full canopy designs. The safe road stability must be paramount or else the work is strictly an aerodynamic exercise. I've been mulling your initial design criteria: rider enclosure & upright riding ergonomics. Without any qualified aerodynamic testing or validity, I've initially created this concept for blue-sky purposes. The design is a combination of plenty existing conceptual designs. BugEV's canopy to give the rider reasonably more elements protection. There maybe an awkward entry/egress & some new blind spots. The concerns about center of pressure is unknown but I could see additional lower winglets/ to counter the potential problems from the canopy shape aero pressures. The properly shaped lower fairing could provide some additional downforce for the rear wheel traction. Again it is just for additional design reference or conversation. I was about to add a sliding rear foil section behind the rider to fully enclose the design but was tempered by handling problems. Now if it is a leaning tri-wheeler...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to botsapper For This Useful Post:
Christ (12-21-2009), TEiN (12-26-2009), theycallmeebryan (12-21-2009)