View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #2803 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
Since I can now mess with the software, I will simply brainwash the controller like a Stepford Wife until it behaves just the way I want it to!
Oh my... There's a spicy meatball! hahahaha!

I'm working on a syncronous rectification version of the controller right now. I've been making all the components in PCB Artist the last few days, since I can never find anything. It will also have CAN bus communications, so that it will be able to talk to a charger, and a BMS. Can can (haha) communicate really fast, like 1 Mb/s and has lots of error correction and all sorts of stuff. Once the layout is done and I've had like 50 gaggiiliioon people check it since I'm an idiot, then I'll send away for the pcb to be made by the dictatorship in the far east, then I'll hawk the boards, so people can make kits with them or something. hahaha.

I also am going to try to make a power section that's not etched at my dang house. CNC is great and all, but... a few days ago, I left to go eat some cereal while it was doing its thing, and I heard terrible honking noises. Ya, I forgot to tighten the drill bit before turning on the machine. Drill bits don't drill when they don't spin. They just bang into stuff.