View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
extragoode
EcoModding Apprentice

Nerdcycle - '81 Honda CM400E
Motorcycle
90 day: 61.16 mpg (US)

Trouble - '06 Kawasaki Ninja
90 day: 74.69 mpg (US)

Edna - '13 Nissan LEAF SV
Last 3: 126.4 mpg (US)

Tank - '20 Ford Expedition Limited
Last 3: 17.4 mpg (US)
I wasn't expecting this much of a response, wow! First of all, I'm talking about the Frontier and it runs somewhere around 3200rpm @ 70mph, but I'm not sure, it's been a while since I've had at that speed. I usually shift into 5th around 25mph at which it settles somewhere around 1000rpm, but I only have hash marks for every 500rpm, so I'm not sure exactly on that either.

Whoever it was that was talking about a 5th gear swap, no I haven't done much research on the transmission at all. How hard was it to replace that gear? I want it to be worth while if I'm going to go the trouble of doing transmission work.

DPOV - yes, these tires are HUGE! They were put on by the previous owner because they looked cool, who cares about mileage, they were awesome in the snow though! The stocks were 235/75R15s, I think. Yes, getting bigger tires would raise the total heigth of the vehicle, but it's already something crazy like 9 inches off the ground, so I figured I'd already be going with a belly pan instead of building a freaking huge airdam.

Like I said, I'm mainly asking about the Frontier, but if it works out well, I might go these on the Jeep as well.