View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
order99
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMPG View Post
Or is that because you're balding? lol jk

Starting this project today, freaking acrylic is expensive.
Not balding yet-Dad's got a full head of hair at 70, so it depends on what genes got passed down. Mind you, it would save me some shaving if my hairline receded a few inches or better yet down to the neck...as long as i'm wishing, how about a full body hair removal via laser? I'm tired of Animal control every time I try to get a tan...

As for the price of Acrylics, I honestly hadn't thought about it, not with framed glass being tossed out everywhere I look (everyone with money is upgrading to the most energy-efficient windows they can find, rather than buying bubble wrap...more for me!). While the plastics may be stronger, glass won't cloud or yellow-also, the pre-framed stuff allows for heat expansion flex in the frame in order to reduce cracking...a malicious thrown rock or bullet (hunting season y'know) can still ruin a pane, but the occasional crack can be mended and I can always store an extra door if I get enough.

There's something else i'd like to try if I have enough time and can find a full-sized screen door in the junk pile somewhere-a Solar Food Dehydrator:

GeoPathfinder

Isn't it just gorgeous? If my second attempt at a garden gets better results than last year(and it couldn't get any worse-I named it Darwin's Garden for a reason )
I figure a scaled-down model the size of a door would suit me just fine-

-Oh and Mom just reminded me via e-mail that I need to finish re-flooring and re-dooring her old single-wide trailer before I get any more projects in the rack-message recieved Mom...but in another week you're going to helping ME paint soda cans, Capice?