View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #56 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Christ -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I really like how your Kamm matches the line of your tail lights. I can't get over that, honestly.
I am going to be egotistical and say I had a virtual hand in it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Piwoslaw -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Wow!! Thanks CarloSW2
I told you I liked the Peugeot 307, .

Quote:
[I]You saved me time with my GIMP, and did it better than I would. My wife has seen your pic and hasn't said "No" yet, which is good. To me, the car just plain looks better. The only thing she asked about is the rear view through the kammy. I think that if we ever do get that far, it will have to be shorter, say flush with the bumper, for parking reasons. Also, I'm not sure what the local law has to say about anything extending beyond the bumper, excluding a towing hook.
I'm starting to look around for materials to use for the grill block, mooncaps and skirts. Unfortunately, I don't think we have coroplast here, so I'll have to improvise. I'm wondering if I should totally block the lower grill, because next to the radiator is the intercooler. Would blocking it give me a drop in performance?
I agree about the limit to the parking bumper (I applied that rule for my car's computer mock-up also). When I apply the bumper-limit rule, look at what happens :

The "side-slant" of the rear light assembly *extends* up "into" the kamm-back naturally. What an excellent design accident!

Now, I want ALL of the credit for doing NONE of the work! Am I ready for management or what!?!?!?!?!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society