View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #66 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
It just ticks me off that they took 5 days to let me know..

I was eager to post that 'bargain', since I figured it would be short-lived.

And it still isn't such a bad deal with the high shipping.
I was very temped to go ahead and pay the extra charge,
Well, it could happen!
Actually this is a legitimate deal, much like the pricewatch.com snafus of yesteryear.

Apparently (like it or not) they have had a lot of breakage during transit and have chosen the most expensive method of shipping -insured freight but they are willing to have folks pickup the panels at their warehouse and are most receptive to larger orders and provide the lowest cost to those who buy in multiple and pickup directly. There still is apparently a palletizing and ship fee but they appeared to be willing to deal with me on the phone to possibly send via UPS oversize or via grayhound to reduce cost but again likely would respond much more favorably if I were ordering 25 of the buggers and had provided them the exact shipper and info for them to contact in that area.

So in other words, anyone willing and able to makeup a group buy that LIVES near one of their locations? Local pickup will bypass the overpriced freight shipper and get all of us the nice deal. And a word of note the shipping fee for 4 panels is not much different than 8 such is the way of freight

Cheers
Ryan