Thread: Polar Bears?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Polar Bears?

Anyone?

I didn't do it this year... no suitable location, and I have no idea if there's even a group out this way.

Back a few years ago, I got started... It became a tradition among friends after a fellow of ours had committed suicide. Through the course of a few years, the group of friends changed, and eventually, the tradition died out in a short period of only about 6 or 7 years. Shame.

The tradition was that everyone, man or woman (over 18) would be waiting by 1150 in the evening. At exactly midnight, the neighbor would fire off a single shot gun blast into the still night air, and we'd all go running like idiots, drop the house coats, and jump into the freezing cold still water. The exit steps were approximately 30 feet across to the cabana, and swim we would!

Ladies out first (non-prurient reasons... when you're that cold, you really don't care about nude women, and you've got nothing to show them anyway. ), then the Men, back indoors to the fire and the drinks, and to celebrate the New Year properly!

I miss tradition...