View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

SentraSE-R - My experiences match yours except for the steering - its much harder than before. A severe need to steer a lot (and who can predict it) would be tricky. I'm also wondering what happens to things like ESP with the engine off. I'm willing to try it but I just want to explore the potential consequences.

RobertSmalls - I'm reading and re-reading the kill-switch Diesel threads on and off. At the moment I'm 50/50 about keeping this car vs swapping it for a more economical one - i.e. < 1.4 litre Diesel. Or maybe a Yaris D4-D.

Piwoslaw - I think I will preserve my clutch - brakes are cheaper than clutches. As for starting my thought is that the Alt should level demand from the electrical system (inc battery) over a journey. I remember reading (about 20 years ago though) that each start would cost 7 miles in charging for the battery. The auto-stop/start part of my journey is usually after 20 or so miles of motorway.

I have my grill block built but not installed (we are not used to a week of snow here in the UK unlike you poles ) so I have not ventured out much over the holiday. Once I do I may find similar issues to you.

Thanks all.