View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Christ -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
The thing about Silly-Cone is that it doesn't really stick to much without being prepped first.

If you prep the surface by cleaning it thoroughly, then wipe it with Vinegar, it will stick just fine, and you'll be able to peel it out next year if you want.

The ability to peel the caulking out kinda defeats the purpose, though, doesn't it?
Ha ha, it stinks of Vinegar, so prepping it with same kinda makes sense. This summer I was using it to fight ants, but they always find another way in (the hundred holes war).

I don't know the purpose, but ... in the old daze in winter, it was custom to close off parts of the house and hunker-down next to the stove/chimney. Less volume to keep warm saves on heating fuel. I could imagine a situation where you seal up inner doors in the winter and unseal them in spring. Orrrrrr, you could seal up all windows in a room except for maybe one, and unseal the rest in the spring.

Because the RTV dries clear, I was thinking one could use this to seal gaps in the car.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society