View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
LostCause
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
My only biff with the Palm idea is that it is the equivalent of hooking up a home PC to a mainframe to operate a wordprocessor. Why the home PC? Well, it needs to interface with the keyboard.

The *duino can do everything on its own except display stuff (would need to added) and user input (needs buttons added). If super complex additions want to be made (which would be cool), then the Palm makes sense. Otherwise, why drop a 454 into a Fiesta to go to the grocery store, even if you can get it cheap?

The *duino can be downsized to around quarter-size (arduino-mini), so the gauge can eventually be made Scangauge-sized and still be simple to build.

No need to convince me, though... I'm open for whatever path, as long as something gets done. If everyone likes the Palm idea, Palm it is. Just showing my logic (which we all love, right?...Right?) .
__________________________________________________ __________
P.S. Looking at Skewbe's MPG file shows a lot of his logic through his sidebar comments. If anyone is interested, have a look. VSS is a "clicker" & Injectors do have variable pulse widths (but they do need to be counted, anyways).

- LostCause