View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
RobertSmalls
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery View Post
Realy cool idea with the relay, i like it very much. Does the auto stop work when you are seatting at a red light? I guess it does, by turning the switch off. So cool, good job. Also what is MIMA_L stand for?
Auto-stop works when you touch the brake pedal, which turns the switch off, provided that the heater is off or at ECON, the tranny is in Neutral, the ambient temperature sensor is above ~30°F, the vehicle is below 17mph, etc. So, no, not often.

MIMA_L stands for Manual Integrated Motor Assist (Lightweight), I think. It's vastly simpler and less expensive than the feature-rich MIMA, which you can buy for $1000.

Funny, the oil pump does okay at 1000RPM. AFAIK, the only reason for high idle is emissions. The cat has to light off in a certain amount of time, even when it's very cold out. Well, I care more about petroleum consumption and CO2 than NOx. I'll keep air out of the engine bay, wrap the cat in aluminium foil and maybe fiberglass, and it'll light off when it lights off. I'm not going to pour fuel on it to speed up the process.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobertSmalls For This Useful Post:
brucepick (03-08-2016)