View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
AmpEater
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for all the kinds words guys. I'm incredibly excited about this project, pretty much been obesssing over it for months. The only reason I've got time to post anything is because I'm stuck waiting for the transmission/motor adapter to arrive and can't weld the battery trays until the motor is in place, can't finish wiring until I know exactly where the batteries are going to go, etc, etc. As soon as this is hear its going to be a non-stop-work-a-thon which will (hopefully) conclude with the car moving out of the garage on electric power.

The generator is going to probably be the real challenge. I'm starting with a 10hp air-cooled single cylinder engine and hope to get 16+hp peak, 14 cont and "clean" emissions. I know that the propane (or onboard hydrogen) will help particulates alot, but I don't know if this will be enough to get anywhere near a catalytic-equipped gasoline car. Does anyone know if they even make catalytic converters that will work for small engines? For diesels? Or would I be better off with a lpg engine emission wise?