View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
re: post 18, I don't see how you can have a rising and falling trigger and a programmable /directional threshold. Maybe the AD comparators come into play there?

re: 454 in a fiesta, LOL if it was cheaper/easier and quicker to market, I'd be all over it
The *duino is something of overkill in itself (and I don't think we have a handle on the actual hardware costs yet). FYI, elmscan 327 adapters use a PIC18F248 and the scangauge uses a pic18f458 from microchips. Also I just found and bought a 323 (iso/japanese obdII) elm scan adapter for $20 cuz I'm all over this palm thing for my 4 wheel rice burner

I didn't think the exercise in teaching the *duino to process a fuel injection and vss signal would have been a complete waste of time however. Indeed, without being able to do that the rest of this is worthless. It makes a most logical starting point, while we are waiting for someone to tell us what the roadmap is supposed to look like or whatever we are waiting for Certainly what is learned there can be applied to PICs to some degree as well if that is needed to get the component count and costs down or if it needs better performance.