View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
markemmanuel
EcoModding Lurker

Brigid - '11 Chevrolet HHR 2LT
90 day: 0.94 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Did you learn to count mile markers and other road designations to figure out your average speed yet?

I went out and measured the average distance of a few of the lines on the road back in the day, to figure out how many should pass per 10 seconds at 60MPH, 40MPH, 20 MPH, and so on.

I can't remember any of the figures anymore, I've become alot more lax in my driving than I used to be, but I don't drive illegally anymore, either.
My speedo began to fail intermittently in the summer so when it was working I matched the sound of my car, the gear and the speed I was at. When it died, I paced with my brother until we get to work (we work part time at the same place). I also go with the flow of traffic locally. On the interstate, well, it pretty much sucks for me. I search out the slowest car and pace him/her.

Fixing the speedo is on my to do list for things to fix. It seems my car decided to go on strike or something last summer and fall. Repairing her is a good way to learn and practice working on a car though!

btw- The Odometer works so I still keep track of my MPG.