View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Well folks, how about an update? My 1995 Grand Cherokee currently has better than 156,00 miles under it. Go back and read my first post. I had been getting about 20 MPG with occassional actually doing the math. I don't usually keep the tank full or fill it everytime I add gas. My daughter had been driving my Jeep more than I had been until a couple weeks ago and I finished her Jeep.

But, I'm getting 18.9 for the last fill up. First 100 miles were commute with 3 people in the vehicle and crossing a mountain pass. Next 90 were mostly freeway @ 5 over and getting passed, and trying to ease into the throttle while rolling through city street traffic, 2 people in the Jeep, plus a full backend of the Jeep after shopping at Sam's Club. The rest of the mileage is mostly my teenagers driving around town. I'm going to imagine I could have seen 20 out of this.

And yes, offroad performance is desired, hit a ramp to see how far I go (before a rear wheel comes off the ground), didn't have the swaybars disconnected, so I didn't get too far! For those that aren't into offroading, the goal is to keep all 4 wheels in contact with the ground, traction IS your friend.

So this week I'm going to attempt to stay @ the speed limit. I have to drive into the city again , but that gives me more time to practice driving without brakes.

So there you go Jeepers. I can't touch DPoV's 2WD ZJ, yet...

And work has begun again on the 4x4 Ranger project. We were hoping to get the cab back on it by this weekend, but between me working, late arriving parts and didn't get the welder till late last night, well, we're not sure when the cab will be on. My club is going on a nice 90 mile loop trail April 26th, it would be nice if that could be a good shake down run for it. (2.3 liter, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, manual locking hubs on 31" tires currently 35" tires soon). Four Wheelin' with a fuel efficient truck will be fun.