View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #428 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
No that statement is true. why would you reply telling me my statement is not true without any data to support that.

I posited that over 50% of my trip IS AT SPEED logically (ie my brain works) I deducted all time spent from decel to accel back to speed again. (maybe on the way home tonight I will put a clock to it my guess is 60-70% of the trip is relatively "steady state"

Data points. I have driven this route in excess of 450,000 miles over the last 15 years. I would say thats a pretty decent set of data points to work with :-)

I am not saying I am right. I am just saying my INFORMAL logging seems to contradict what is being posted (about the 10mph speed difference NOT the improvements gained with the tail)

This caused me to become curious. My issue is NOT who is right. my issue is WHY does my results not "jive" with the math.

that is all. it could mean the math is wrong (not likely) though it could be there is more data involved that the math we are using suggests (such as the addition of CRR)

it could be my specific commute. It could be MY CAR.

the last one being the issue. IF ITS MY CAR. I want to know about it I want to know why and I want to fix it.

hence the questions. trying to figure out how the data works so I have some way to attack the problem.

I can not really test anything right now. way to great a variation in temps and winds. Went from 30+mph gusting the last week to almost NO WIND last night and this morning and I can already see a visible difference in FE just by visual indication on the fuel gauge! So that leaves me with chatting about it and figuring out what I need to do in the mean time.