View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #107 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Well, I used the pack more yesterday, more like 40 miles total (to and from work). Mileage was hard to tell since roads were snowy and people were driving slow.

When I got home I tweaked the charger voltage up just a hair and started charging. At that point, the difference in cell voltage was .02V on one balancer and .015V on the other, not too bad. The pack voltage got up to 55.4V last I checked and had pulled 1.4 kWh from the wall. About 15 minutes later I went to check on it and an alarm was going off so I went to unplug it and the killawatt pulled out of the wall instead of the extension cord, blah. My wife drives alone on Fridays (we carpool every other day of the week), so I'll let the cells balance all day and plug it in again when she gets home tonight. I don't think the pack voltage even got up to 56V last night before the alarm went off, and unfortunately I didn't check it before I unplugged the charger.

So, it seems like the kit definitely is working, but just not putting out as much power as it should? According to some quick head calculations, the pack will last at least 80 miles setup as it is now.