View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
ex-x-fire
EcoModding Lurker

Ok, I'm trying to learn how to up-load pictures off of Kodiak Easy(?) Share, I may have to recuit a niece or nephew to help me out, it says my images are to big.
Anyway about the minibike, I got a frame & fork from a swap meet, new wheels, tires, brakes, seat. I didn't know what to expect from the motor, my1020 1,000 watt 36v series, generic controller, throttle, charger. I geared it 5 to 1 chain drive, so it goes about 20 mph. Really fun to ride around, I used it on the weekends to get lunch & newspaper at the local gas station/McDs. I rode it all last summer til labor day until I got busted, oh well, the county has paved bike trails near too.
What I've learn from my little EV is that its heavy(120lbs), has a range of about 5 miles before it starts to slow down, power is not like a Briggs at all, very smooth power. I added a free wheel device to the back sprocket so I can coast now. It seems like there's a big price jump between cheap ev components that I used & the better ones, like motors that run over $1,000 easy. The minibike isn't the only economodder that I have, I'll start another post about that one soon.