View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #88 (permalink)
thatguitarguy
Master EcoModder

Maroon Ballon - '98 Chrysler Town & Country LXI
90 day: 26.42 mpg (US)

MaEsTRO - '95 Geo Metro 5spd hatch, 3 cyl
I wonder what f'n freezing is in Alabama?

I rode for 2 hours yesterday and the temp went from the high 30s to the low 30s. Snowmelt was starting to freeze in the shade of buildings so the black ice was making me cautious. If it was any colder I'd want my balaclava under my helmet. My toes were getting cold, but the rest of me was ok. I wear Marmot ski gloves, and they're very comfortable and warm, though a little bulky for shifting and working the brakes. Marmots are expensive, but there might be some ski gloves at Walmart. I'm assuming you have those in 'bama. In warmer weather I wear some work gloves that I got at Walmart. I don't remember the brand, but they have deerskin palms and fingers and black lycra type backs. They are nice for warm to cool weather, which I suspect is comparable to what you would call "f'n cold". Driving gloves are nice too. It's best to find something that's not too bulky and not too tight. Get something and keep riding. You can always find an excuse to not go riding, but if you stick with it, it has it's own rewards.