View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by instarx View Post
I don't work for UPS and I lived in Westchester for 5 and Manhattan for 10 years. I'm sure you have absolutely positively convinced yourself of this bit of legend, but I just don't buy it. The drivers are simply trying to avoid getting blocked in for 10 or 15 minutes by other deliveries.

When you thought I was a UPS driver you said you wouldn't expect me to "admit it". Sheesh, what's not to admit? It wouldn't be some huge corporate conspiracy thing even if it were true.

BUT, I'm willing to have my mind changed. If you have some actual information other than you simply know it to be true.... maybe a deathbed confession from an ex UPS driver?
I'm not in Manhattan, or even Westchester. Here in suburbia it's mostly residential and double parking is non-existent. I'd need to carry my camera with me at all times, but next time I see a UPS truck parked in the street with plenty of available room to park at the curb, I'll photograph it and post it.

Meanwhile, since being blocked in is a virtual impossibility here, I'd like to hear a better rationalization for them not wanting to park at the curb.