View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
nubbzcummins
EcoModding Lurker

The Odyssey Van - '11 Honda Odyssey EX-L
90 day: 29.1 mpg (US)

silver racecar - '13 hyundai accent GS
90 day: 38.8 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99metro View Post
Another suggestion or two.
1. Keep your boost at or below 2 psi at all times (this will be a lesson in keeping a light throttle!)
2. When at a stop light, keep it in neutral til it is time to go. I see roughly 4 horsepower in neutral, but as high as 12 horsepower if i keep it in Drive while stopped.

I just did my all-time high trip mpg of 25.1 mpg by doing the above. Also neutral coasted as long as possible.
1. Impossible for me to keep my boost under 2psi.....Takes about 5-7psi during accel on flat road to get enough speed to go into o/d and t/c lockup. Cruise control at the lowest speed (42mph) in o/d with the t/c locked runs around 1psi on flat ground and goes up to 6psi pulling a hill. At 55mph it runs 3psi on the flat and up to 12psi pulling a hill.

2. Always in neutral when stopped and try to do neutral coasting when possible. My main problem is there are some lights that I can not avoid stopping at due to the length of time they are on or the amount of traffic in the area. Bad luck I guess? During these unlucky times I just turn the motor off and re-start when it turns green. Don't know if this does much good as taking off from a stop takes some fuel to get close to 8klbs moving! Some of the terrain kills my mileage as well such as pulling a long and/or steep grade while in cruise..........