View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I don't like what I see re: rear suspension; from what I can tell both rear wheels HAVE to go up and down in unison, making them far less forgiving of different side-to-side bumps and undulations than even an old school live axle on leaf springs. Ride quality will suffer especially vs if they'd used a single wheel in the back.

Edit: Ha Ha, that'll learn me to open my yap before looking at all available info! My above comment was made after looking at the still pic of a rear axle on their site. Looked to me like it spanned the rear; it was the whole thing. NOW I see from the video that there are two of them. Damn but that thing has wide tracks! Incidentally, it sure sounds just like an atv to me... Carry on...

Outside of perhaps this induction thing I don't get, I don't see anything earthshaking as far as new. However, that's not to say I don't love it!!! Were I to enter the X-Prize or even just build my own, they are using the approach I would have. Except I wouldn't put that 4th wheel on there unless the rules required it.

I'd rather have this than an Aptera. They've waved too many red flags already, they have the taste of scammers, almost Palmear-like. Plus their proposals are too expensive for what you get.

Last edited by Frank Lee; 01-16-2010 at 03:08 AM..