View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
moonmonkey -

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
cfg,, it's got to be something im doing when i convert from adobe illustrator to paint, i think i will take another photo of the car pointing the correct direction, so i dont have to use illustrator to mirror image it, then try it . because when i just draw a shape in paint and use it, it works for me, if that fails ill just have to use youtube, although ill have to learn that also (never posted on it) about time i learn it anyway. thanks.
Here are my standard settings for success :

Quote:
Re =2,500,000,
dt =0.01,
movie length, sec = 40,
width = 256,
height= 128,

visual cutoff level = 40
(don't forget to hit the "submit" button to make sure the new inputs take effect)

I use a low resolution 2-bit color (black and white) bitmap, 256*128 resolution. I use this low resolution because that is what the author recommended. Larger size files with multiple colors can choke the program. I use the highest resolution image I have. I get it into a scale that is 2*1 pixels. After saving the master image, I downsize it. Here is the Toyota image in the largest resolution I had (it was a bitmap, but I have to present it as a GIF here) :

The above image was padded to 400*200 pixels. Here it is after I downsized it to 256*128 :

As you can see, it is not as smooth, but the image is still representative.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society