View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
jandree22
EcoModding Lurker

Civic - '13 Honda Civic EX-L
90 day: 27.91 mpg (US)
new member - Mazda5 owner

Hey all...

I'm Joel, got a 2007 Mazda5 Touring - 5MT. I've been over at GasSavers.org for a little bit, but recently saw the sig for this site somewhere and liked it better so I'm using Ecomodder's sig now Figured it'd only be right to hang around here too, why the heck not?

Anyhow, enough rambling. My goal isn't to get ridiculous numbers, but consistent 30MPG would be a nice goal at least in the winter, maybe 34-35 consistent in the summer. Being a 2007, I don't want to go tweaking it all up mechanically so although I've got my tires at 40psi, I'm definately more into mastering driving techniques and dicipline. I'm 24 so my biggest competitor is my young guy ego when people tailgate and cut me off, but I'm making progress with that

Hopefully I can learn some stuff here and eventually contribute some stuff back too! K, here are a few pics. Thanks for looking.

If you're unfamiliar with it, some pics make you think it's just a regular old minivan, but as shown here it's no larger than a Chevy Equinox. It's largely mechanically based on the Mazda3. (Please ignore the neighbors ugly shutters!)

Decent aerodynamics out of the box. Drag co-efficient is 0.29.

If the 5MT wasn't available, probably wouldn't have considered it... got lucky there. As you can see it's a 6-seater, bought it as a family hauler.

Last edited by jandree22; 03-21-2008 at 10:16 PM..