View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
tanjulio
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post

This really is the wrong forum for these types of discussions, though... if we're going to talk about aerodynamics, we're OK, but engine performance is best left to forums which are attuned specifically to that side of vehicle modification.
So, what advice was offered for aero????

again, i have asked aero mod questions for downforce/ reducing lift, and i have only been told to search the other links to get ideas and basic information.. nothing specific for this car because noone with this specific model has documented it here..
THE focus of this website is increasing fuel efficiency...
Please note;
Other ppl at ecomodders get off topic,, many times individuals complain about something someone said OR simply Disagree.. and get off the topic...????

I simply said that if K2e2vin wanted to race he would probably be better off changing the engine...instead of aero mods
because
I have never seen these cars with less than 150,000 miles,, and that is not fresh.. and very low hp..

Again, 100 hp is nothing great. i had an 89 si and it was not fast... slow... .
believe me, i have been at a road course with corvettes, wrxs, evos, minis and mazda wagons..
you will need a modified b series engine or turbo'd rebuilt d series to keep up with these other cars at a 'road course'
OR
enjoy slow lap times with a tired d series ....

Modifications to your car depend on your goals....
I want more power and much more MPG....
The website is helpful but one has to keep searching... and finally I have the answer to my goals...

Kammback with tranny swap is probably the best option for my car and my goals..

Last edited by tanjulio; 01-19-2010 at 08:04 PM..