View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #132 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
This weekend was an EV build day for our local EV club. I went and shared what I was doing with the Prius and got some help with modifying the VOX circuit. We were able to remove the on delay that the circuit had built into it. However, we could not get the VOX circuit to trigger well off of the balancer alarm. It was much more sensitive to us just talking in the room. We figured that the circuit was more sensitive to lower frequencies than the higher frequency of the beeper. At this point, the option was to try and find a high pass filter that only allows higher frequencies through, or to dump the VOX all together. In the end, we decided to dump the VOX.

So, as a few here have suggested, we open up a balancer and looked at the signal going to the beeper. It should be usable, but I'm going to have to reprogram the arduino for this new situation. The beeper acts a bit oddly. Nothing that can't be programmed around though.

Also, since the last post, I have only used the kit once. The pack voltage seemed to drop down a fair amount, and I plugged it in when I got home to recharge. The charger's green light immediately went on. So... something isn't right, because I know my pack is not fully charged.