View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #130 (permalink)
shovel
Master EcoModder

If you're just separating out the fuel once to experiment that's cool, I'm behind it completely.

I thought you were planning to do this long term for all your fuel needs, which just sounds silly to me. Our time is valuable too, yours and mine. And there's the problem of disposing of the separated matter.

You are correct that this is all anecdotal, I just can't figure out why you've had such bad luck when the math doesn't support it and my own direct experience - while not a shining example of scientific rigor - doesn't support it.

If your cars were my cars, after experimenting with straight gasoline and rigorously verifying that the 10% ethanol blend is somehow causing a greater than 3.5% reduction in efficiency, the next thing I'd do is work toward making the cars ethanol compatible rather than complaining about the fuel 'cause at the end of the day - what you can get is what you can get and there's just no sense in setting up a time consuming re-refinement plant in your garage when other people just put fuel in their cars outta the pump and drive without complaints.