View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gone4
Master EcoModder

Send a message via AIM to Gone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
Keeping a driving log would suit my anal personality, but I see one major issue: privacy.

I'm not one to fear about identity theft or the government tapping my phonelines, but it irks me to know I'm leaving an extremely detailed paper trail of everything I do.

I don't expect anyone to ever find such a paper trail, or much less be interested in reading it, but to know the possiblity exists is enough to turn me off.

Hell, writing on this forum sometimes gets to me. What I write here is accessible by millions of people for as long as this server exists. I'm no hermit and I don't feel ashamed of anything, I just like to lay incognito on certain things...

That's my rationale...I really know it's because I'm lazy...

- LostCause
That's why I track things like mileage, financial transactions (not that those can't be traced mostly through other means), and other things using a PDA with encryption software on it. I just went from a Treo to a Nokia N810 for this and many other functions. At the end of the day it syncs all back onto my laptop which, since it's running Linux, is entirely encrypted with keys on a thumb drive. But that's enough of advertising off my paranoia for one thread.