View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
A_FITZ
MPG Future Seeker

Gold Maximus - '93 Nissan Maxima
@99Metro - Yeah I read that basically with your car in drive..., and you holding the brake, your engines still kickin in to go but your brakes are holding you back..

Thus pointless, so go neutral until green again or you have to go. I mean..hey I guess thats the way cars are made though..older cars.

__@womprat -__ So your saying..I could probably get the same benefit without EOCing, just by letting off the gas?

Idk.., I mean, I went downhill from my exit, accelerated to 45, and with the engine off (Engine Off Coasting), I went like far..because its downhill. I went really damn far without even having the car on. Even made a right turn into an establishment, AND parked! Never even had to turn the car back on until I came out of the store!

@ Everyone

Now...., I found the only way I can get better MPG is by EOCing and Neutral Techniques. I drive a V6 Premium Fuel sucking 93 Nissan Maxima, which is a ****in powerhouse and runs like a champion and burns mustangs. Yes, burns mustangs.

But, with these 2 MPG boost techinques.., am I damaging my cars longevity in the long run...? Or on the brightful hope side.. helping it?

-A_FITZ