View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:26 AM   #49 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by womprat View Post
If you guys could please go ahead and switch to the metric system it would be a big help in forums as I would have to do less conversion in my head as I read.
Mental calculations help exercise your brain, which is one of the purposes of this forum IIRC there were plans to add an option for converting units between imperial(US) and metric, at least in the garage, but it's still low on the to-do list. It would be nice if it could also translate units inside posts, say the post's author would have to wrap it in a command like [unit]...[/unit] or [miles]...[/miles], but I think that may be too complicated, if possible at all.

I've noticed in the last 6-8 months many new members from outside of the US and I'm guessing that the crowd is getting even more international (no stat option, but is there a voluntary EcoModder Usermap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by womprat View Post
The difference being New Zealand is a young nation, things are easy to administrate - we have about the size and population of a single US state.
The US is much younger than Britain, but it's the UK that switched first.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 01-24-2010 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: Typos