View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #117 (permalink)
AndrewJ
Awesomeness personified

Harold - '94 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 54.51 mpg (US)

Margot - '08 Surly Big Dummy
Send a message via AIM to AndrewJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cd View Post
The thing that has me puzzled is that there are no areas that look as if they come off for spoiler removal. I see a water jet for the wiper* and two tabs for the light, but no screws / bolts.
I don't have a rear wiper or water jet. So, no luck there.

Quote:
On a different topic - your cars engine temperature. From your previous posts, I am assuming thet you actually drove your car several miles and ... gasp even up a small mountain with the grill completely blocked.
Have you checked your oil lately ? It must be completely burt by now !
I just changed the oil a few days ago actually. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote:
What does the engine temperature read when you are driving like this ?
Well, the entire trip when I was having the "trouble" the temperature gauge never went above it's normal position, about 3/8ths above "cold"

Quote:
Also, how do you drive in rush hour traffic ?
Yep, sure do. I almost always use P&G in town, so no real risk of overheating there. A few times I have intentionally driven "normally" and had no problem overheating then either.

Quote:
I see that you now have a small hole for the radiator ( clever idea with your throttle cable mod. )
How often were you smelling fumes from the radiator ?
I've never smelled coolant in this car, except when I first bought it, back when it had a blown headgasket. With the enormous plume of vaporized coolant coming out of the back at that time, I'm sure that the entire neighborhood could smell coolant.

Quote:
I'm guessing that the only thing that saved your engine was that you did not have a belly pan installed to trap all of that heat in.
So, as it turns out, the real "problem" was the MAF (or whatever) not resetting once you've reached a higher altitude (with correspondingly less dense air) and it's detrimental effects on power production.

Quote:
I am looking very forward to your next mods - especially any involving that spoiler.
I think any further mods are gonna have to wait till I get some FE instrumentation. Except, of course, unbelting the alternator. IF, I can get ahold of some free or low cost batts.