View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
johnpr
Master EcoModder

pontiac trans am - '00 pontiac firebird trans am

jeep 1 - '02 jeep wrangler
90 day: 16.76 mpg (US)

jeep 2 - '07 jeep wrangler x
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Toyota - '09 Toyota Corolla lx
jeep aero mod ideas

ok ive been mulling over some ideas for my wrangler, i have mentioned an idea for a slant back top, and have been wanting to do a grill block etc etc. so here is a list and a (somewhat cruddy) drawing of my ideas.

*grill block
*add a fuel door
*belly pan
*close gap between front fender and bumper
*possible rear wheel skirt (still not sold on the idea)
*make a hard top,

ok the top is really the biggest thing, many people dont like doing aeromods because they have to permanently change the vehicle, possibly killing resale, well the jeep has a removable top so no harm, no fowl. what i am curious about, what should i use for angles A and B and i know that the longer i make it the better, but i think i am only willing to add an extra 3 ft to the end of my jeep (dimension c)

*removable "windshield extension" - light blue region

i am going to be towing the beast across country this summer and i think that having this would help with FE but not sure, i will be towing it behind my 2007 4 dr wrangler which i hope to also do a top for.

so any other ideas i should try or any other advice?

also, there are a few things i wont/ cant do they are

*lower vehicle
*narrower tires
*air dam (i feel this would increase the front area too much and i plan on a belly pan so...)

other than those i am pretty willing to entertain other ideas, and yes radical ideas are good, for instance i entertained folding the windshield down and making a top that would cover my seats thus drastically reducing frontal area but alas i need the room for cargo. also when i tow the vehicle i will have the tires aired up to max safe amount.

john

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep ideas.JPG
Views:	706
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	494