View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I was surprised that once I started looking it turned out that there were alot of electric cars around.
I bought my Citi-car for $160, I've put about twice that much more in to it to fix it up along with a pretty much free set of batteries that hold a half charge, I still have a bit more to do to get it fully on the road but I'll have a $500 two person electric car and all I had to do was start telling people I knew that I was looking to buy an electric car, I think it was the 4th or 5th person I talked to who sold me the EV they had in storage.
My Commuti-car is the most expensive car I ever bought at $3,500, of course it needed $50 worth of brake work done so it wasn't perfect but darn close, I also bought it at the peek of gas prices so I paid $1,000 more then they are going for now.
I now seem to get an Email every few weeks about someone trying to sell their EV and I can't get any of my friends to buy them, thus my pole to find out why people who are clearly in to gas mileage don't own one.
My next EV is most likely going to be a Myers Motors NMG or their Duo as a 70-100 mile range would be nice along with it's higher speeds.