View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dave's Civic Duty
Master EcoModder

Mater - '98 Dodge 3500 Dually

Wilber - '99 Toyota Corolla LX

Minyatta - '93 Mazda Miata MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
Convos are expensive! If I found something like that for $450 I woulda sold it a long time ago and had a ton of money left over for every other car/bike I have.
Right now it looks like this w/ an interior that isn't as nice, a better body, a relatively new paint job that needs some touch-ups, and some new chrome in the trunk. I'm 90% sure the powertrain is O.K. so I don't think I'll yank anything. Ideally, if I had the money, I'd like to put a 9" motor behind the trans and run it off of a pack of A123 cells. 3kWh should get me ~80hp/10 miles of all electric range, and all told it would only increase the weight by ~250lbs. Stock it's ~45whp/2800lbs, probably slower than my VW, but ~115hp/3050lbs would make for a peppy ride.
I checked out your MB. not a bad specimen at all. Must be nice to live in Ca. Your 190 doesn't really need that much work to bring it back to a real gem. A friend of mine picked up a 77 240D from the original owner. The car was a well cared for Pa. doctors only driven on the best days kind of vehicle.

Good luck with your D,
Dave