View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
RTD Explorer Feature Requests (Cougar Controller Interface Software)

Well, Im not sure this is the right location for this thread, but I wanted to keep it close to Paul's 144V motor controller thread.

My friend and I have been working very hard over the past few months to develop RTD Explorer. For those of you that don't know, RTD Explorer is a GUI based program that runs on Windows to interact with the Cougar based motor controllers. It allows you to see all the data coming from the controller in real time and is displayed on a scrolling graph. There are feature such as a built in terminal for reading and setting parameters along with an interface to the boot-loader to make it easy enough for anybody to use.

Now....The program has had almost all the bugs worked out and alot of people are using it...All Around the World!! BUT, there is a problem, We are quickly running out of ideas. Which is the reason for this thread. Im am asking you guys, "What features would you like to see in RTD Explorer???"

As of right now we are working on integrating a plug-in system that will allow for easy future expansion. The plugins we have planed so far will be as follows:

1. GPS Integration - This will allow for things like range estimations, KW/H used, Efficiency, and some other things along those lines.

2. PakTrackr Integration - This will allow for graphing battery information right along side of the controller information. You will be able to get on screen warnings of battery issues and it will be able to more accurately calculate range and efficiency.

3. Other BMS Integration - We will also be making plugins for other battery management systems, such as Paul's new system that he is working on, The system that Greg is working on or even more!!

So the 2 things I ask from you are: 1. Let us know what you would like to see added and 2. If you have any way you can help out, maybe a small donation (Donations)to help procure some of the hardware needed It would be VERY much appreciated and we will be sure to add your name to the credits list!!

Well I think thats all for now. Let me know what you guys think.

-Adam

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WEB Page RTD Image.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	5472  

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
The Following User Says Thank You to adamj12b For This Useful Post:
iwyze (06-06-2010)