View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigh View Post
An idea or request, if you are going to implement other features to your RTD, I rather have the ability of having a separate screens for different functions and not all of them cluthering the same main screen, or separate, re-sizable, selectable windows to full screen on command for their specified app. sharing data altogether.
Is it clear?
mrbigh,

We will not be adding any more stuff to the main screen then core program functionality. I am thinking along the lines of tabs that will appear under the File menu bar to allow switching to the new plugins. For example. A default install will just as it does now, but say you want to use the new PakTraker plugin that just came out? When you select to load the plugin, the window with go to a tabbed display. There will now be a tab for the Main Screen with what is there now, but a second tab will be show thats for the PakTrakr. You will be able to click this tab and enter the new display. The same thing will happen with additional plugins, they will show up as aditional tabs.

Do you think this would be an acceptable system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoneson View Post
Adam,

I would like to see a way of defining a set of variables that could be used to program the controller's variables in a 'one button' approach.

I.e. User defines a 'button' with the title "Valet Mode" and sets throttle response to a particular low value, sets max amps to a specified low value, and any other appropriate controller variable.

Similarly, a 'button' that would have a title of "Normal" would set the variables to what you think 'Normal' means.

Then a 'button' that could be labeled "Hot Rod".....

Then display these 'buttons' in another window for easy choosing.

This would require the RTD to have some knowledge of limits for each variable in combination with the others for error and warning conditions.

This would basically be a 'one button' setting of the 'general characteristics' of the controller.

Eric
Eric,

I am currently working on a profile system that will gather the current configuration of the controller and store it in an external file. I would be easy to add "HOT Profile Switching" to this to allow for quick and easy.....switching. LOL

One thing I have been working on with the profile system is the ability to share profiles online so others could try the settings somebody else has programmed. It could be a good way for somebody to get started. Also, It would allow for backup of your configuration in cases of firmware updates that wipe the EEprom or upgrading of microprocessors.

Well thats what I got for now. What do you guys think??

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com