View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Engineering first

17 i3-REx - '14 BMW i3-REx
Last 3: 45.67 mpg (US)

Blue Bob's - '19 Tesla Std Rng Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
. . .
I'm loving the Graham scanner and I'm going to be sad to see it go back to the tool library but perhaps I will find another or convince Graham to make another or at least burn a chip for me so I can build my own. SGII would be a close second, I guess.
. . .
There is a third possibility, a laptop application and USB based CAN-bus interface. Check the messages over at PriusChat for the last three months. The guy in California who was moving to Florida and had the the problem transaxles was using it to read codes. I'm not sure it can clear codes but it sounds like a dandy reader. For example, being able to read all 19 module pairs. But it needs a laptop.

There was a hack five or more years ago to split the VGA into RGB and map a laptop screen on the navigation inputs. I also understand the touch sensor returns an ASCII string. The most aggressive installation put a headless Mac in the car so the Nav display and touch screen was the interface.

As a loaner, you can see how valuable the Graham scanner is. I believe about 200 were made and I was lucky to snag first one and then a second. I have a standing offer to buy any that come available so we can have a pool.

Bob Wilson